Friday, September 10, 2010

Long term project



I have set up a very large still life which I plan to work on over the next few months, a little at a time. It will be somewhat like working on a jigsaw puzzle, in that I can put it aside and work on something else and then come back to it. I am going to do it in colored pencil, a drawing, which I love to just sit and do from time to time. Here is the still life and the beginning drawing. The flash kind of made the drawing colors funny, but it wouldn't take the picture without the flash, a dark day. It is on Stonehenge paper about 32" x 44", but may be a little smaller when I crop it. The backgound will be the quilt. I'll post progress from time to time.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You're braver than I am - that size is incredible. You're in for the long haul on this one - may it provide days, weeks and months of stress reduction! Very cheery subject, reminds me of my granddaughter's stuffed animals pile. She organizes them by families too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Robert and I am excited about it...may it continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's going to be great and I can't wait to see your progress! Looks like it will be fun to work on too, with all those bright colors and details.

    ReplyDelete