Thursday, September 24, 2009


Here is another update to the pommegranite. Worked on the garlic today and had to put it aside as it became too wet.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009


I started a new oilpastel painting today. I am determined to finish up a lot of the pieces that are hanging around my studio. I started this in and oil painting class so it has a very thin glaze of paint on it. I have now started adding oil pastel to it. My new set up isn't quite like the orginal, but close enough. This is about 10" x 15" on gessoed masonite.

Thursday, September 10, 2009


Okay, I tweaked it some, darkened the yarn on the shadow side and did a few more touch ups.

Monday, September 7, 2009


I think this is done now, but am still unsure about the values on the yarn, especially on the shadow side. Think they might need to be a little bit darker.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Almost there

Here is another update on the bucket. I had to stop working on the yarn as it was too thick. In a few days I will be able to do more layering on the yarn and then it will be just about done.